Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Beauty in Every Season

My very favorite season is spring. I love the first green on the trees, the beautiful spring flowers and the warmer days.  In fact, at this time of year I always long for spring.  After spring my favorite season is fall, then summer and last of all winter.

That said, I have been enjoying this winter more than normal. There have been some very beautiful moments (and not a lot of snowy roads, the thing I dislike the most about winter.) I wanted to share some of those beautiful moments we caught on camera last week. Jen actually took the photos, but she has been busy with a big journal project and has not been blogging lately, so I thought I would post them.

Jen and I were driving home one night last week after a snowstorm. It was late and the storm had passed, and it was the most beautiful night. Everything was just so peaceful and covered in white. We kept commenting on how beautiful it was as we drove. When we got to our condo, we decided to take some pictures of the trees.  We were amazed at how the snow had outlined every branch in exquisite detail!




The next morning, it was still just as beautiful, so we took a few more pictures. I love the row of trees, all perfectly outlined!



I have been thinking of this as an analogy to life. Even in the darkest seasons of my life, there are beautiful moments to be found.

I love the beautiful earth that we have been given!

4 comments:

nora.lakehurst said...

For sure Jan. You are great for thinking of that analogy.

Lori said...

That is a great analogy. Thanks. I appreciate that.
And I agree- winter would be fine if the roads stayed dry. I am appreciating this winter for that very fact. Rain on the roads and snow in the mountains most of the time. So grateful. I too LOVE Spring. My favorite time of the year. New life everywhere. A hope in the air. Have to say that summer is my next favorite season. then Fall. and then Winter.

ems said...

Great pics! What a blessing that snow is white. If it has to snow, at least it is beautiful.

Nice thoughts as usual, thanks!

Corilee said...

Beautiful trees! Great pictures! Your analogy reminds me of the needle point Jen did for me that says basically the same thing. I think it holds true for all of us.

Lubs, Mither