Well, alas, when I saw her the next week I realized I had broken my promise! So, I told her again that I would post within the next week. Since I am going to see her tonight, I decided I'd better keep my promise. So, this is for you Lori!
I am glad that she is prodding me to blog because I really do like blogging, but I have just not gotten around to it lately. So, I will just do a little catch up.
Things are about the same. January is always kind of a harder month for me, and it was again this year. I think it is hard because I always seem to get a cold (which I did again this year), it is cold outside and it gets dark really early. February is always better because it seems that spring (my favorite time of year) is right around the corner. I get little glimpses of it in the weather, like the 58 degree day yesterday.
But I did do some fun things in January. One of the highlights was our Stake Youth Conference at Aspen Grove January 21-22. We were quite busy for a few weeks before planning it, but it was worth it and it turned out really fun. We had some great speakers and workshops and had some fun times in the snow.
And best of all, I found something out about myself. I mentioned already that I don't like January because it is cold, so I have always thought I didn't really like snow activities because I always get so cold doing them. I have never been skiing or done much outside in the winter except for sledding. I do like sledding, but only for awhile because I start to get cold and then it is not so fun anymore.
Well, when I was preparing for Youth Conference the Stake Presidency Counselor who is over us told us to make sure that the kids had snow gear. I realized that I did not have snow gear, so I decided to invest in some.
I went to a sporting goods store and told the nice lady there that I was pretty clueless about what to get and asked for her help. She showed me the things to get, including a "base layer" (who knew?) and the right kind of socks. Well, wonder of wonders, I loved the snow activities at Youth Conference and did not even get cold! I went snowshoeing for the first time and loved it! It was so beautiful and it made all the difference to have the right clothing so that I could focus on the beauty around me and not on the fact that I was cold.
Here are some pictures of Youth Conference:
Me standing in front of the lodge where we stayed. Isn't it pretty with the snow covered mountains in the background?
Sledding with the youth; this picture is of Rachelle Bolingbroke (Stake YW Pres) me and Emily Ables (wife of President Ables, 2nd Counselor Stake Presidency.) We all roomed together and had a lot of fun. Notice the snow pants...
A picture of me snowshoeing--so fun!
Beautiful views while snowshoeing!
I put this one is because it shows the view that I saw while sitting in the lodge listening to the speakers. I loved feeling the Spirit and looking at the gorgeous view during the workshops!
Other than Youth Conference, life has been about the same. I still love my job, although it has been incredibly busy. We have been training several people the past few months to Peds to help us staff our busy winter season so I have been very busy with that. In January alone we oriented 13 people to Peds and I was in charge of coordinating schedules for them and making sure they were trained well. I loved it though--I was able to meet some great people!
We are now in the midst of that busy winter season, so I am back to the 14 hour shifts clinical shifts. But, even with the longs shifts, I love being able to help. Just yesterday I was able to help with a little baby, only a few weeks old, that was admitted for RSV and was quite sick. I was able to spend time helping the family understand what to expect and assure them that we would take good care of their baby. I love making a difference in my job and helping people that are in difficult situations to feel some peace.
I also continue to spend any free time I have with family. Here are a few pictures:
With my niece Kate at our monthly family birthday party in January.
With two of our new babies--Bella and Savannah. They are two months apart in age but about the same size, so cute!
Holding our newest baby, cute little Mikayla.
Holding sweet Bella--I love "my" babies! (Thanks for sharing them sis and sis-in-laws!)
So that is a little recap of how I am doing, but now I've got to get ready to head to the temple. Hope all is well for all of you!
Thanks for getting me to post Lori! See you in a few hours.

2 comments:
Last Spring WalMart had their snow pants on clearance. I grabbed a pair in my size figuring that for $3 it might not be a bad idea. I haven't used them much, but when I did they were worth SO much more than that! When we had that mega snow storm before Christmas that closed schools down here (about 18") I spent hours outside with the girls. I crawled around on the ground helping them form the perfect sled run down out sidewalk and sat down right in a snow drift exhausted from dragging all three girls up our hill in the sled. It was wonderful!!! I can't stand being wet and cold and couldnt' believe I'd never done this before! (Well, except I'd never caught them on such a cheap price before and not had the money to spare, lol, but other than that...) Way fun :)
Woohoo! I am so proud of you for adding a blog entry! So fun to see how things are going. Your youth conference sounds like it was amazing. We have to plan ours for the summer sometime. And the new babies in your family are so cute!
Good to see how you are doing since I don't get much of a chance to ask you when we are at the temple on thursday nights.
Now to get Jennifer to work on blogging once in a while... ; )
Post a Comment