Wednesday, July 7, 2010

A Few of My Favorite Things...

I have not posted much lately, mainly because I have had a great spring/summer with lots of fun activities. I thought I would post a few of my favorite things that I have done or seen in the last six weeks or so:

This is a picture of the beautiful spring flowers as I walked into the Timpanogos Temple on May 20th. I always think the spring flowers are the most beautiful!



 
 
These pictures are from a visit to Temple Square on May 22nd.  Jen and I went with our brother Mike and his family and had a great time. His family is in the first picture and the second picture is me with my sweet niece Kate. I was holding the camera and taking the picture, so it is a little close, but I love how Kate has her head against my shoulder. The last picture is Jen and I with the three girls.





Later that night we had a 30th birthday party for my brother-in-law Steve. We have a fun tradition of having a big party complete with pianta and games for 30th birthdays.

The top picture is of the kids waiting to do the pinata (look at their cute excited faces) and the second picture is of my sister-in-law Karla and Steve (the birthday boy) using the remnants of the pinata as hats. It was really cold that day, so we did the rest of the games inside, but we had a lot of fun that night.


 
This picture is from our Memorial Day BBQ/Family Birthday party on May 31st. I thought this was such a cute picture of the cousins having fun together.



These two pictures are from June 4th. I went to the Provo Temple one day and as I walked out, I was struck by how beautiful the day was!

The first picture is looking over the valley from the entrance of the temple and the second picture is looking back at Rock Canyon as I drove away. I used to work in that area and drive to Rock Canyon during lunch sometimes. I have always thought it was very beautiful and peaceful. I especially love the clouds!



This picture is from June 5th. I went to my parents house to help them plant some trees and flowers. My brother and his wife live in the basement apartment and his kids came out to help. It was so sweet! They carried things for us, helped us dig the holes etc. This picture is of me watering the flowers with Brianna and Josh after we planted the flowers together. They were so excited to help.


I just had to add this picture because it was so cool. We went to fly kites for FHE on June 7th and the clouds were amazing! This looked almost like a funnel cloud was starting to form! It was the perfect night for kite flying with lots of wind.

This picture was taken on June 12th at Stake Youth Conference.  We spent months planning it with the Stake Young Men's Presidency, and it all came together and turned out great!  This is a picture of our Stake Young Women's Presidency at Mutual Dell in AF Canyon. We had such a wonderful time, and it was fun to spend time with my wonderful friends in the Presidency. 

This picture may be hard to see, but it part of a full rainbow that we saw driving home on June 13th. I loved the many different types of weather we had this spring.




These two pictures are from June 25th at Thanksgiving Point. My sister-in-law plans field trips every week during the summer months and I was able to join this one. We saw the animals, made butter and ice cream and went on a wagon ride. It was a really fun day.


These pictures are from my nephew Brendan's baptism on July 3rd. The first picture is my brother Jon and his family and the second one is Jen and I with Brendan. I love the spirit at baptisms and Brendan was so cute and excited. What a neat day!


After the baptism we went to my sister's house for awhile. I was helping my sweet niece Kate work in my sister's garden. In these pictures we were measuring and drilling holes. Kind of scary--me with a power tool...but Dan was supervising and it turned out really fun!

 

These last two pictures are from that night at our traditional July 4th Southern Family Olympics. Jen put a bunch of pictures on her blog, so I will only put these two, but it was such a fun night. We have such a fun family! 

I was on a team with my sister Michelle's family, so the first picture is me and Jenny doing the three legged race. The next picture just shows how much fun we have. I love that everyone in the picture is smiling and obviously having fun (and as a side note, I love the view of the lake and mountians from my parents back yard.)

Well, I suppose that is more than enough pictures for now. No wonder I haven't had time to post, I've been doing too many fun things!

Other than those fun things, I have been working more at the hospital lately. I have some big decisions to make in the the next few months about work.  There is a possibility of a full time position opening up that would be a good career move, but would require A LOT more time, so I have been thinking and praying a lot about what to do. So, that has kept me busy as well.

Overall it has been a wonderful spring and summer so far.  I really do have a wonderful life!

2 comments:

Lori said...

Love the pinata hats and I love that cool dark cloud. I think my brother had something to do with that cloud. Glad you have so much fun with your family! I know what you mean. I love my family so much. See you tonight.

nora.lakehurst said...

LOL thanks Lori. I cant believe I am such a nerd. And all the photos are totally beautiful. I love photos. SO dont feel bad. I just hope you know we love the family and it is good to know that you love us too.