They are not perfect, they made mistakes along the way in raising our family, but they taught us well, and I always knew they loved me. I always knew they were there to help me and they are still always there for me! Even now, I often call them for advice and counsel. I treasure the Father's blessings I have recieved. I love that I have learned so much about the gospel from both of them.
The reason I am thinking so much about this today is that I had an interesting dream last night. In the dream, my youngest sister and I were together in a room when we realized that we were locked in. Just as I realized the door was locked, I heard my Father's voice on the stairs outside the room, and I was filled with relief. We knocked on the door and called out so that he would hear us and know that we were there. He opened the door and both my parents were there, and I knew everything would be all right. After I woke up, I thought about that dream and how grateful I am that I trust my Father and Mother so much and that I always know they are there to help me in difficult times.
Last week when I was there I went in for family prayer before I left. Family prayer used to be much larger when I was younger, but that night it was just me and my parents. My Dad said the prayer and it was so good. As I listened to him pray for each family member, I thought of how glad I was to be there for that moment, and how someday when they were gone, I would treasure these kinds of memories.
I am grateful for them; for all they have done and continue to do. Thanks Dad and Mom!


6 comments:
Your parents are amazing people. And you are amazing also. You have picked up alot of their love and its great!
You really do have great parents!
that is such a sweet posting. Your parents sound amazing. I can tell since you and Jen are amazing too.
This is such a sweet post! I'm glad you got to spend so much time with them last weekend.
On a funny note: When Michelle and I saw your parents at church,Michelle asked your mom if she had fun the night before. Your mom said "Yes! wait...what did I do?" It was very funny! :)
Ha, Ha Stacey, that is funny! I guess the evening made more of an impression on me than it did on my Mom... ;)
Thanks for such a sweet post! We are blesses to have really good people to be our children. That makes us look like good parents....:)
As for Stacey's comment....Well I KNEW I had a good time even if I couldn't remember who I had a good time with, right off.
I always feel like we don't get to see you often enough, or long enough. I love you, honey.
Post a Comment