I love the Roof Restaurant. I love it because of the peaceful atmosphere and the beautiful views of the Temple. It is on the top floor of the JSMB, and almost every window has a view of the Salt Lake Temple and the lights of SLC. They have a person playing piano and the music combined with the beautiful views makes it so enjoyable! It is pretty expensive, so I only go once in awhile, and because of that, I have some wonderful memories of times there with friends and family.
We decided to go again this year with our friends JoAnna and Lisa, wonderful friends from our last ward. We got there right at sunset and had a wonderful seat. The man playing the piano was very good and he was playing Christmas music. After a few minutes, they turned on the Christmas lights, and I got this picture. This was the view I saw while I was eating. Isn't is so beautiful?
This is a picture of us at the table, Jen sitting by Lisa and me sitting by JoAnna:
Here is a view of the Temple that Jen took from her seat after the sun had set. Isn't it so beautiful shining in the night?
And here are the four of us together, standing next to our table. Notice the Temple behind us; we had wonderful seats!
After dinner, we walked around Temple Square. I love Temple Square at Christmas time. It reminds me of the many times we came up with my family when I was a child, with choirs when I was in High School, and more recently with my nieces and nephew and with friends. I love places that have such wonderful memories!
We went and saw the Nativity that has music and narration. It is between the Tabernacle and the North Visitors Center, and is one of my favorite parts of Temple Square at Christmas. I love to ponder about the birth of Christ the way it changed the world! Here is a close up picture of the Nativity.
Here is a picture of the four of us on Temple Square. It was cold, but not too bad (although if you look closely, you can see my nose and cheeks red with cold).
Last of all we went over to the reflecting pool that has a Nativity in the middle. It was so pretty with the lights, the Temple and the Nativity reflecting in the water!
It was such an enjoyable night, and so fun to be with Jen and my good friends. Most of all, I loved the time it gave me to reflect on Christmas and the wonderful gifts our Father in Heaven has given us!

6 comments:
The temples are amazing! Yes i love how they light up at night. Beacon of light dotting the earth shining brightly in the dark of the world. Lots of pinpoints of light now with so many temples being erected. We are so blessed.
Your pictures are so nice and so fun you got to hang out with your friends.
p.s. thanks for letting me work where i did on thursday. i think it helped me to stay in one place and not talk too much with my cold. it is getting better slowly.
those pics turned out so well! so pretty!
I loved the pictures of the temple with all the lights. I haven't seen any professional pictures any better.
Karla gave me a beautiful and very dramatic picture of the temple last Christmas. We were going to put it up in the family room so I put it behind the console down there until I could get Joe to hang it for me and someone moved it and I don't know where it is.
You may have noticed how long it has taken to get your Dad to hang the family picture pedigree you girls gave me last Spring. Still waiting.... :) We love him anyway.
I would like a copy of the pictues you got of the temple, though.
I too love your pics of the temple. I hope we make it up there to see the lights this year. With Daniel's hectic schedule it might not happen, but at lest if it doesn't, these pictures were beautiful to see. Thanks!
Oh, my dear friend, how are you?! I cannot tell you how happy I was to hear from you. I think about you all of the time and wonder how you and Jen are doing. I, too, miss our talks. I would love to see you...it's been too long!
These pictures are wonderful. You look great! And Temple Square never ceases to amaze. Last night while watching the Christmas fireside I felt such a longing for home--and for the lights on Temple Square. I think Lillian would be totally enchanted by them.
Love this blog, love you, love that we are back in touch!
wooo wooo I Just happened to peek at Liz's blog today and I saw your name and on thought, COULD IT BE????!! and it was you! I'm just so happy. It looks like Liz just found you, too. WOO WOOO HOO! It's great to "see" you and know that you're doing well. I love love love you! (ps.. it's me, Camille)
Post a Comment