Friday, December 25, 2009

Merry Christmas!!


It has been a wonderful Christmas, and I will write all about it soon, but I just wanted to send out a quick Merry Christmas!

This was what Jen and I saw as we left our house this morning:









What a beautiful sunrise and what a wonderful way to start off Christmas morning! I love the color of the light coming over the mountains in the first picture and the light just starting to touch the tops of the mountains through the misty clouds in the second picture. It was so beautiful! I about froze Jen by opening the car window to get the pictures, but I think it was worth it.

As I looked at the beautiful sunrise, I thought about how it was perfect imagery of the birth of Christ and how that singular event brought light to a dark and troubled world. I love this time of year and the chance it gives me to ponder on and celebrate all that He did for us; His humble birth, His perfect life and His supreme sacrifice.

We came home for a few hours and I was reading Matthew 1 and Luke 1-2.  I love what Mary says to Elizabeth:

"And Mary said, My soul doth magnify the Lord, And my spirit hath rejoiced in God my Saviour.

For he hath regarded the low estate of his handmaiden: for, behold, from henceforth all generations shall call me blessed. For he that is mighty hath done to me great things; and holy is his name. And his mercy is on them that fear him from generation to generation… He hath filled the hungry with good things… He hath holpen his servant Israel, in remembrance of his mercy."           --Luke 1:46-54

He has surely filled my life with good things and blessed me greatly.

I hope you are all having a wonderful Christmas!

1 comment:

Corilee said...

Are you sure you want me to paint a sunset and not a sunrise?

Beautiful pictures!!!

Christmas was wonderful, wasn't it. It was my personal best Christmas ever, thanks to your Dad and his mellow attitude. He really made me happy and content with everything else! He's such a good man and we had so much fun with the family. What a blessing!!!

Lub lubs,

Mither