Monday, November 23, 2009

This and That

Ok so I have had this blog for over a week and have only posted twice. Sigh, I had such high aspirations when I started it. So, here I am at 10:45 starting a post. That is about the time I get around to things.

It has been a busy weekend, but I keep thinking of something I heard in a Conference at work a few weeks ago. They were introducing a woman speaker that had a lot going on in her life and talked about all the things she was involved in and how busy she was. When she got up to speak she said, "I don't like to think of myself as having a busy life, I like to think I have a full life." I really liked that and have thought a lot about that since then.

Sometimes it is hard to know what the most important thing for me to do next with all the things I have going on, but I am so glad that I have such a full life! I am so glad that I have such a wonderful family, wonderful callings and great jobs. (Although I do wish I could see each one of my family members more often...)

I have started praying the last few months every morning that I would do the most important things with my time that day. It has been so amazing how Heavenly Father will quietly lead me to do something different than I had orginally planned, and how I am able to get the most important things done. I am grateful to have the Spirit to lead me!

I had a great time with the nieces this weekend. As they were all gathered around at the beginning of the night and I looked at all of their sweet faces, I couldn't help but get a little teary eyed (I know, ME, get emotional) as I thought of how lucky I am to have so many sweet nieces and nephews to cuddle and love. Thanks family for sharing them with us!

On Sunday we had Stake Conference. On Saturday night, at the evening session, they called people out of the audience to bear "Christ centered testimonies." I thought of what I would say if I were called, and a whole organized series of thoughts came right to mind. I wasn't called up that night, but I was grateful for the thoughts I had that reinforced my testimony of the Savior.

The next morning, I saw there were no speakers sitting on the stand again and wondered if they were calling for testimonies again. I knew I would not be called, I mean, why would they call me? (Most of the people they were calling were Presidents, etc). They did call people out of the audience and I was not one of them. Then, one of the sisters they called was not there. The Stake President stood up and paused and looked around and then said, "We have a set of twins in our Stake...I would like them to come up and give their testimonies" and announced our names. Wow, I couldn't believe it.

So, since he announced my name first, Jen said I got to go first (she is so kind.) It was really neat though because since I had thought it all out the night before I knew exactly what I wanted to say.

I quoted part of D&C 98:1-2 and focused on the part thay says, "for your prayers have entered into the ears of the Lord of Sabaoth..." I remember studying one time and finding that the word Sabaoth means "multitude". I thought of what that means in the context of this verse, that even though He is the Lord of multitudes, He hears my prayers. I can hardly comprehend that, but I know it is true. I know He knows each one of us individually and loves us more than we can imagine, that He longs for us to be happy.

I then shared the quote that I put in my last post. I was grateful for the opportunity to bear testimony, even though it was unexpected. Jen did a great job on her testimony. It was a neat experience to be up there together.

Well, enough rambling. It was a great weekend!

4 comments:

Lori said...

that is inspired of you to think about what you would say when thinking about a christ-centered testimony and then you and jen got to bear your testimonies the next day. what a wonderful blessing for you guys.

see you next thursday! its been forever. a month for me since i missed the first week in november. i miss my friends at the temple.

nora.lakehurst said...

You are just amazing Janice. I hope I an become more like you are. You are very in tune with the spirit. May your life be full always and that it will become more full as time passes. Love you

Stacey said...

That is really neat that you were so in tune with the spirit. You're a wonderful aunt to my kids and they love to see you and Jen. :)

Corilee said...

This is the first time I've really looked at your blog and been able to read it very well. Thanks for changing the words to white or rather light pink, I think.

Your posts are all wonderful. Your sweet personality comes through as well as yout powerful testimony. No wonder the Stake President called on both of you to give your testimonies.

Here's to Random Ramblings forever!!! Cheers!!!

Lublubs, Mither